MISTRA Monthly Briefing 37
In issue Number#37 we report on:
• The African Millennial Dialogue Roundtable held in partnership with the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS), Global Progressive Forum (GPF) and Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) which took place on 20 May 2016 at the WITS Club
• MISTRA’s 5th Annual Lecture presented by Prof Vivek Chibber on 16 March 2016
• ‘The revival of a Developmental State: Prospects and Shortcomings’ by Asanda Luwaca
• Presentation by Joel Netshitenzhe at the Closing Session of the 5th China-Africa Think Tank Forum, China-Africa Capacity Co-operation and Africa’s Industrialisation
• A range of media articles and interviews, including ‘Youth could surprise us all’ by Sedireng Lerakong, ‘MISTRA’s Sedica Davids appointed in WiASA Task Team’, ‘State's role in developmental starts with good governance' by Prof Mzukisi Qobo, ANC needs to fire Zuma themselves’ by Mcebisi Ndletyana, ‘Moving on from dead white men’ by Jeffrey Sehume, and radio interviews with Ralph Mathekga, Head of Political Economy Faculty
• The appointment of Ms Zamanzima Mazibuko as a Researcher for KESA and Ms Siphokazi Mdidimba as the Publications Assistant
We hope you find our Monthly Briefings informative and invite you to visit our website, where you will find more information on our research, key papers and media on MISTRA.
If you wish to unsubscribe, please click on unsubscribe at the top of the newsletter.