MISTRA's Monthly Briefing Issue #30
- A Roundtable on the Role of Intellectuals in the State-Society Nexus, co-hosted by MISTRA and Liliesleaf on 4 March 2015
- A seminar on ‘Public engagement for good governance: the role of the Humanities’ jointly hosted by MISTRA, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC).
- A public discussion on “What is the State of the Nation” hosted jointly by MISTRA, the University of Johannesburg and The Citizen.
- A range of media articles on the Role of Intellectuals emanating from the MISTRA roundtable of the same name, including: Is the State losing legitimacy? by Joel Netshitenzhe, Brains Trust: What is to be done? by Ferial Haffajee, Intellectuals’ role in a democratic state by Mcebisi Ndletyana, South Africa needs provocative thinkers by Jeffrey Sehume, and Intellectuals have a duty to inspire others by David Maimela.
- A discussion with MISTRA Board Chairperson, Prof Sibusiso Vil-Nkomo about the Institute, its history, its vision and its achievements, as part of our celebration of five years of MISTRA’s existence.
- Our newest member of staff, Duduetsang Mokoele who joins MISTRA as the Assistant Researcher in the Faculty of Knowledge Economy and Scientific Advancement (KESA).
Download a PDF of MISTRA Monthly Briefing#30: MMB30.pdf