The Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection (MISTRA) is pleased to share with you its first Newsletter for 2018. It includes;
- a working paper on the role of traditional leaders in relation to land ownership, 'Mistaking Form for Substance: Reflections on the key dynamics of pre-colonial polities and their implications for the role of chiefs in contemporary South Africa' by Prof Peter Delius
- opinion pieces by MISTRA staff published in the media
- the 2017 Global Go-To Think Tank Index Report Results
- the New Global Progressive Construct Convention Declaration: 'Prioritize People and Planet: A New Agenda for Global Progress'
- recently-launched publications
- upcoming priority research project launches.
We hope you enjoy this issue.